Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blame it on sickness...

Thursday, Sept 10, 2009

Okay, it's been a long day so those who are reading are lucky because this wont be a long one.

At the end of today, Margaret and I were introduced to the Jesuit Refugee Service staff and office. We were quickly shown around, covered some basic inquires and then were handed keys to lock up for the night.

We decided to get groceries before it got dark (which it did while we were out). Did some running around with the JRS guard/handy-man, and returned to our accommodations to find the door locked. This wouldn't have been a problem if I had taken the keys with me but I had left them locked in our room! Fabulous. Seriously, how is it that I tend to embarrass myself to such extent on the first day, or first major meeting of our "employer?" Typical.

We ended up having to switch SIM cards with the guard to get the number of our supervisor, got picked up to stay at her place for a while, then got an extra set of keys from someone else, and found our way back here. In total, two hours of the night was shot to my carelessness.

Final words: I'm tired, my sinuses and my body are too sick to stay awake any longer and so I'm heading to bed after this post. Hopefully others are having better luck today :)

Goodnight all!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jamie! Wow, you are on such an adventure! You sound well, not physically, but high spirited none the less. I am glad you are settling in and have some people to share the experience with.

    You have strength girl, curiousity and courage go hand and hand.

    Can't wait see see what will unfold for you.

    Love Kalen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kalen! It's great to hear from you! I hope everything is going really well for you as well right now. Thanks for the encouragement!

    Toujours
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jamie,

    I hope you're feeling better. I've been reading and keeping up to date with all the activity. I'm glad you've definitely had a chance to enjoy a good laugh :)

    I look forward to seeing all the pictures of the 1.75 hr wait for the food. Looking forward to reading over days and weeks to come.

    Love Matthew

    ReplyDelete